Wind Chill Advisory:
Issued at: 7:57 PM CST on December 11, 2013, expires at: 9:00 AM CST on December 12, 2013
- ...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST Thursday...
- timing...overnight through 9 am Thursday.
- Winds...southwest 5 to 10 mph.
- Temperatures...12 below to zero.
- Wind chill readings...as low as 27 below.
- Impacts...dangerous wind chills may result in frost bite in as little as 30 minutes if exposed skin is not protected. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills...resulting in frost bite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...dress in layers covering exposed skin.